Hammer A Nail
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
What we're studying:
This year we are studying Physical Science; however, we just finished our unit on Simple Machines, which gave us great ideas for our project.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"Don't memorize, ANALYZE!"
Our Step List
1. The toy car we pushed rolls down the ramp and hits the dominos
2. The dominos then hit a golf ball which then falls through a cup. The ball rolls down the ramp.
3. The golf balls falls into a cup, causing another ball to roll out and down the ramp.
4. The ball falls into a box, causing a plastic pearl on the outside to roll down a ramp.
5. The pearl hits the dominos
6. The large domino tower hits the serving spatula.
7. The spatula falls on top of the car
9. The car falls off of the table and tugs on a rope which is attached to a can, causing the can to fall
10. The can triggers the pulley, and the pulley pulls the teacup up.
11. The teacup pulls up one side of the lever, causing the other side to go down.
12. The lever hits and hammers the nail!
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos