Pour A Bowl of Cereal
STEAM Machines Innovation Fair
Sunday, March 04, 2018 Setup Time:
9:30 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Victor Mendoza - invitation signed.
Annaie Velasco - invitation signed.
Ambar Flores - invitation signed.
George Arevalo - invitation signed.
Jesus Oviedo - invitation signed.
Chris Verdin - invitation signed.
Luis Velasco - invitation signed.
Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
Did you read the rules?!
Follow our Rube Goldberg Machine as it aims to tell the various stories and memories of Anakin Skywalker-Darth Vader- has to tell. Venture through the Star Wars adventures in chronological order through the eyes of the most iconic Sith. Memories date back to the very beginning with his pod race on Tatooine to his conversion to the Dark Side, all being retold within our machine with the powers of pulleys, marbles, ramps, and robotics to accomplish the task. Through the retelling of all his memories, bitter or sweet, the machine aims to satisfy Darth Vader, since he can not help but connect them all to his favorite food, cereal.
Our Step List
1. Star Destroyer glides down and as it glides, it releases an X-Wing.
2. Star Destroyer hits balsa wood that has a "scroll" that gets released.
3. X-Wing will push a button.
4. The button will start the fight between Darth Maul and Obi-Wan.
5. After the first rotation of the fight it will unpin a pin and release a ship.
6. The ship will land on a pod racer and activate it.
7. The pod racer will complete a track and set off a mouse trap.
8. The mouse trap will pull on a droid control ship.
9. The falling droid control ship will release a golf ball.
10. The golf ball falls which pulls down a platform.
11. The platform fall releasing an X-Wing.
12. The ship goes down a zip line and pulls off a piece of wood.
13. The wood releases a fighter ship.
14. The Fighter ship releases a golf ball.
15. The golf ball releases a wheel.
16. Wheel pulls support from under k'nex track.
17. K'nex cart falls down and hits lever that hits car with magnet.
18. Car with magnet attracts another car with magnet.
19. Car with magnet pulls string that activates mouse trap.
20. Mouse trap pulls a piece of balsa wood that will release a golf ball
21. Golf ball hits a flash card which will release a X-Wing ship
22. X-Wing will glide and hit a lever which will release another X-Wing
23. X-Wing will knock over Obi Wan Kenobi (attached to a golf ball) which will turn General Grievous vehicle
24. General Grievous' vehicle will pull metal piece that will close the circuit and turn on a fan
25. The fan propels a ship forward.
26.The ship lands on a a snow fighter and activates it.
27. The snow fighter releases a golf ball as it circles an AT-AT.
28.The golf ball rolls down a ramp and hits another limit switch.
29. The limit switch activates a motor.
30. The motor rotates a string along a bike wheel, with the a Death Star that is to be reconstructed.
31. As the death star is being lifted to be worked on, and on its way up hits a ramp.
32. The recently hit ramp begins to rotate and drop Chewbacca into a box
33. The box, loosely attached to the wall falls onto a catapult.
34. The catapult launches a golf ball and hits the cereal box, thus pouring the cereal.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos