Put Money in a Piggy Bank
San Bernardino County Rube Goldberg Contest (High School Division)
Wednesday, February 13, 2019 Setup Time:
8:00 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Ambar Flores - invitation signed.
Jesus Oviedo - invitation signed.
Luis Velasco - invitation signed.
Jocelyn Soto - invitation signed.
Jarely Mendoza - invitation signed.
Victor Mendoza - invitation signed.
George Arevalo - invitation signed.
Every child has their own individual upbringing, Mikal's upbringing was no different than that of any other child. We are able to experience the development of Mikal's life from birth until his final years of high school. Mikal's room throughout his life demonstrate what his allowance and savings were spent on until finally, the big day comes where Mikal saves his last quarter and uses all of his saving to launch his future forward.
Our Step List
1. String is cut to release baby from stork
2. Baby lands on a catapult which launches baby toy
3. Baby toy pulls piece of wood which drops a second piece of wood
4. Piece of wood lands on mouse trap which sets off the mouse trap
5. Mouse trap pulls the door causing it to open and hit a baby bottle
6. Baby bottle rolls down and hits baby powder bottle
7. Baby powder bottle falls and pulls out stick of wood which causes baby toy to swing
8. Baby toy hits “yoshi” which causes “yoshi” to slide and knock off baby toy
9. Baby toy falls and pulls index card, releasing toy car
10. Toy car crashes into a crib, hitting a lever
11. Lever hits cleaning wipes which rolls down
12. The cleaning wipes release wood holding shoe from swinging
13. Shoe swings and hits ball and ball holder
14. Ball holder and triggers mouse trap
15. Mouse traps pulls cardboard that release bean toy
16. Bean toy falls on mouse trap
17. Mouse trap pulls out table tennis paddle
18. Paddle releases Spider-man
19. Spider-man swings down and releases a gate.
20. Gate releases donkey game
21. Game falls into cup and releases car
22. Car emerges from telescope bringing with it a piece of wood.
23. The piece of wood was preventing a circuit from being completed and once completed turns on a fan.
24. The now on-fan blows forward the "toy boat"
25. The "toy boat" knocks over the beloved TMNT action figure.
26. The dropped action figure releases a billiard ball.
27. The billiard ball knock over a book.
28. The book will drop and will pull down dictionaries from the shelf
29. The last dictionary will pull out a stick releasing the second shelf
30. The cone knickknack will fall to press a sensor
31. The sensor will start the launcher
32.The launcher will toss a ball into a basket
33. The ball will set off a mouse trap
34. Mouse trap pulls on the remote control joystick causing the car to go forward.
35. The car knocks over the trophy.
36. Trophy releases "ping pong ball".
37. "Ping pong ball" falls into cups and is detected by sensor.
38. Sensor causes robotic arm to let go of one of Newton’s ball.
39. Newton's ball hits sensor allowing baseball to be released.
40. Baseball causes see saw to come up.
41.See saw impacts the lever arm.
42. the lever arm drops the casual outfit being worn to reveal tuxedo for prom.
43. The dropped outfit lands on a mousetrap which pulls on switch.
44. Switch activates robot.
45. Robot drops coin directly into the piggy bank.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos