Hammer A Nail
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
What we're studying:
This year we are studying Physical Science; however, we just finished our unit on Simple Machines, which gave us great ideas for our project.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"Don't memorize, ANALYZE!"Why we think we should win:
Warrior's Warriors believe that we should win due to the fact that we overcame many challenges, yet in the end we were able to put our heads together and create a machine that we believe is extremely worthy of this competition. As is usually the case with a large group of girls, there was the drama. However, we all became extremely close and learned A LOT about both Rube Goldberg and the art of simple machines through this project. This year was the year of "Girl Power", and our team worked so hard to complete what many called "a simple task". We loved making this machine and we hope you love it too!
Our Step List
1. We push the toy car.
2. Toy car pushes over the dominoes.
3. The dominoes hit the ball.
4. The ball goes into the cup and the cup triggers the marble at the end of the pulley.
5. The marble rolls down the tube and hits the other marble on the ramp.
6. That marble hits the toy car.
7. The toy car hits the duct tape roll.
8. The duct tape rolls and hits the dominoes.
9. The dominoes hit the car.
10. The car hits the hammer.
11. The hammer hits the nail and the nail goes into the Styrofoam cup.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos