Put Money in a Piggy Bank
Genesis: Pathways to Success
Saturday, March 09, 2019 Setup Time:
8:30 AM Contest Start Time:
Live Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Kayle Hayes - invitation signed.
Brian Cooper - invitation signed.
Marie Cooper - invitation signed.
Gracie Clark - invitation signed.
Joseph Church - invitation signed.
Alexis Munoz - invitation signed.
Hailee Mock - invitation sent
Michal Arrowood - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
Most students participating in the project are studying Engineering, and are on a college preparatory pathway.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
Don't stand too close to the Diet Coke!Why we think we should win:
We should win because we've place a great amount of time thinking of creative ways to have fun with our design process. Suggestion for next year's challenge:
sharpen a pencil
Theme: Rube Goldberg at the Toy Store
Our Step List
1. Student presses button on the ipod
2. iPod plays music vibrating speaker
3. Vibrating speaker knocks off tether-ball
4. Tether-ball hits mousetrap
5. Mousetrap pulls string
6. String pulls playing card
7. Playing car releases Mentos into Diet Coke
8. Chemical reaction between Mentos and Diet Coke release carbon dioxide (and soda everywhere)
9. Diet Coke is now lighter then bucket of golf balls on other side of bicycle wheel, causing bucket of golf balls to sink
10. Sinking bucket of golf balls spins bicycle wheel
11. Bicycle wheel presses against remote control
12. Pressed remote signals to car
13. Car receives signal and moves car forward
14. Moving car releases 20lb dumbell
15. Moving dumbell pulls string
16. String pulls Nerf gun trigger
17. Trigger releases Nerf dart
18. Dart hits target/stick knocking it down
19. Hammer is then released to fall
20. Falling hammer hits bowling ball
21. Bowling ball rolls down ramp hitting syringe
22. Syringe forces air into tube
23. Forced air pushes opposite syringe outward
24. Opposite syringe forces pedals on bicycle to move
25. Moving pedals pulls chain
26. Chain turns back wheel of bicycle
27. Rotating back wheel pulls string
28. String tugs on golf club
29. Golf club rotates and hits the golf ball
30. Golf ball falls off of golf tee into launching out of tire hitting racquet A
31. Racquet A rotates and knock over racquet B
32. Racquet B falls and hits baseball
33. Baseball rolls and hits waffle iron lid
34. Waffle iron lid closes scissors
35. Closed scissors cut fishing line
36. Fishing line release plastic duck
37. Plastic duck slides and hits football
38. Football pushes against clothespin
39. Clothespin opens releasing coin
40. Coin lands in piggy bank!
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos