Pour A Bowl of Cereal
Online Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Michal Anna Fox - invitation signed.
Erica Scales - invitation signed.
Leanne Pado - invitation signed.
Sydney Voorberg - invitation signed.
Ryan Strembicki - invitation signed.
Alexa McWilliams - invitation signed.
Anastasia McGill - invitation signed.
Linda Canino - invitation signed.
Madison Faulkner - invitation signed.
Liam Stockton - invitation signed.
What we're studying:
The most unnecessarily complex and Extra™ way to pour a bowl of cereal.Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"Science, my lad, is made up of mistakes, but they are mistakes which it is useful to make, because they lead little by little to the truth." -Jules VerneWhy we think we should win:
We put a lot of effort, and through our (literal) blood, sweat, and tears, along with multiple close-lining incidents we were able to accomplish a task we thought impossible.Suggestion for next year's challenge:
Peel a banana.Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
Using a bunch of whosits and whatsits and all that in between, we created the world's heaviest stool, a shot glass conveyer belt, a Mustang unicorn car, and may or may not have poured a bowl of cereal in the process.
Our Step List
1. Person makes machine let go of string
2. Pulley goes down zip line
3. Car hits flag
4. Flag hits ball
5. Ball goes down track
6. Ball hits golf ball
7. Golf ball hits other golf balls
8. Golf ball hits car
9. Car goes into cup
10. Cup pulls orange blocker
11. Ball goes down track
12. Ball goes on spinner
13. Ball goes on funnel
14. Ball hits bigger ball
15. Bigger ball falls on seesaw
16. Seesaw pulls spoon down
17. Seesaw pulls cup down
18. Spoon hits egg open
19. Ball on string goes around pole
20. Marbles in egg go through marble track
21. Ball on string hits wood block
22. Marbles go around and down funnel
23. Block of wood hits other block of wood on a hinge
24. Marbles hit car with nail
25. Block of wood on hinge hits Block of wood with springs
26. Car with nail runs down wood track
27. Block with spring turns motor on
28. Nail pops balloon with milk
29. Motor starts conveyer belt with cups
30. Milk goes down pipe into bowl
31. Cups scoop cereal out of cereal box
32. Cups pour cereal into funnel
33. Cereal goes down funnel into bowl
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos