Put Money in a Piggy Bank
Online Division II - Ages 14 - 18 (High School)
Ryan Ruestchi - invitation signed.
Jason Schwab - invitation signed.
Sara Janelle - invitation signed.
Lauren Coon - invitation signed.
Sarah Mardini - invitation signed.
Ayisha Hira - invitation signed.
Anastasia McGill - invitation signed.
Antonio Villarreal - invitation signed.
Caroline Millwater - invitation signed.
Catherine Millwater - invitation signed.
Ria Wagh - invitation signed.
Rucha Patel - invitation signed.
Our Team Leader's favorite quote:
"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious." Albert Einstein
Favorite Rube Goldberg video:
Through a series of various reactions, a robber begins by robbing a bank vault and opening it’s latch. Within 10 exciting steps, the robber uses pulley systems, goes through rotating obstacles and executed his escape by moving the money until he is eventually caught when a hero pops his final step. The money goes down through a tube and back into the (piggy) bank, while the robber sits in jail suffering the consequences.
Our Step List
1. Shoot a nerf gun towards the golf ball.
2. The golf ball to swing and hit a different stationary golf ball.
3. The stationary golf ball swings across a zipline.
4. A latch is hit by the golf ball and turns the vault latch.
5. The latch falls and the door is open.
6. The ball, inside of a cup, in the vault rolls down a track.
7. Beneath the track is the first pulley system that the ball drops into.
8. The pulley system is pulled down by the golf ball and turns the ferris wheel counter clockwise.
9. Once the ferris wheel is in motion, another string attached to a cup pulls the cup up.
10. A line of beads falls from inside of the cup, towards the ground.
11. A ball inside of the cup, underneath the beads, rolls from out of the cup.
12. The track the ball falls onto leads into a clear tube.
13. The ball reaches the bottom of the tube and is stopped by the ziplock bag.
14. The force from the ball hitting the ziplock bag knocks over a line of dominoes.
15. The line of dominoes lands on the seesaw.
16. The seesaw lifts the right side up due to the initial impact of the domino weighing down the left side.
17. Once the domino falls, a string beneath the right side of the see saw is released.
18. Once released, it lets go of a weighted pin on the other side of the pulley system.
19. After the pin drops, the balloon full of money is popped.‘
20. The coins drop into a tube, and fall into the piggy bank.
Our Close-ups: Photos
A maximum of 3 close-ups (scanned diagrams, photos). Images must be JPG or PNG, and less than 5 MB.
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos