Zip A Zipper
Online Division I - Ages 11 - 14 (Middle School)
What we're studying:
Being awesome and collaborationOur Team Leader's favorite quote:
I love dogs!Why we think we should win:
We worked through failures and implemented all six simple machines creating a great machineSuggestion for next year's challenge:
Activate a mousetrap
Hello make sure you xyz as you rea
Our Step List
Story: A kid is playing video games, but feels a cold chill. He is in the hardest level of his game and if he looks away, he will lose. He suddenly realizes that if he just drops the metal ball, his zipper will be zipped and he can stay warm and finish his game.
1. Drop metal ball into homemade screw.
2. Metal ball hits shovel, acting as lever.
3. Ping pong ball on end of shovel hits golf ball.
4. Golf ball rolls down inclined plane and hits car (wheel and axle), which is being held in place by a string acting as a wedge.
5. Car hits soccer ball.
6. Soccer balls hits books creating domino effect.
7. Book is tied to dumbbell. When the dumbbell falls down, it releases string attached to pendulum mallet.
8. Pendulum mallet hits balloon, which causes baseball to swing out of basketball hoop and hit book.
9. Falling book undoes clip releasing bucket to hit trigger in pipe.
10. Trigger releases baseball, which hits books.
11. Released books fly up causing boom box to fall on lever.
12. Lever is pushed down, which zips up zipper.
Our Close-ups: Photos
Our Close-ups: Favorite Step
Our Close-ups: Task Completion
Our Machine Explaination and Walkthrough
Our Machine Run Videos